Pep Talks are MY thing.
Morning’s are NOT.
So when the two meet (and they do meet often) something MAGICAL happens.
(I’m sure it’s more magical in my mind then it will be for you all, but trust me IT’S DEFINITELY MAGICAL)
If you know me you know that I am NOT a morning person, not at all. I actually don’t quite understand morning people. How on earth do people wake up in the morning super cheery? (Please, Tell me your secret)
I need some time (and by some time I mean an hour or more) before I can actually function like a normal human being.
So after some rough nights with little to no sleep and very long days this past week, Monday morning came with exhaustion and a mini meltdown.
I literally had to stop everything that I was doing and give myself a pep talk (yes, yes I talk to myself) And so
I thought I’d share my morning Pep talk with you all (in case you were/are in need of it too).
1. It’s a good day. You can & you will.
2. You are always wonderful.
3. Today is a GIFT, remember to put your grateful glasses on.
4. There’s tons to look forward to
(Like the fact that my birthday is 24 days away)
5. Don’t deprive the world of your greatness today because you’re feeling moody.
6. You’re doing great! I’m so proud of you.
The beginning of May can come with some ‘last few weeks of the semester’ kind of stress but YOU can handle it. More importantly, you’re not handling it alone. Today (& the rest of this month) strive for balance; the balance between taking care of your everyday load and taking care of yourself. You can do it! You’re more than capable.
After reminding myself of these things I decided to take it one step further…
I searched the Bible for a pep talk to get me through the rest of the day and clung to these three verses.
1. “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give…”
John 14:27 (NLT)
2. “GOD is good, a hiding place in tough times. He recognizes and welcomes anyone looking for help, No matter how desperate the trouble.”
Nahum 1:7-10 (MSG)
3. “So everyone, come to me! Are you weary, carrying a heavy burden? Then come to me. I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis. Simply join your life with mine. Learn my ways and you’ll discover that I’m gentle, humble, easy to please. You will find refreshment and rest in me. For all that I require of you will be pleasant and easy to bear.”
Matthew 11:18-30 (The Passion Translation)
Sometimes you just need to pep talk yourself back into perspective, don’t deprive yourself of the “stop everything you’re doing and remind yourself of your crown” moments. 👑 Trust me, they will ALWAYS do you good.
Everything else can wait.